I have been meaning to write up a post on September Favorites since last week. Something kept coming up and here I am! Last week has been tough at home, with someone very dear under the dengue flu! So few things and write-ups did get neglected, because – family first!
I was in Bangalore for quite a bit of September and therefore most of the favorites are travel friendly absolute necessities I carry. Although I plan to do a detailed post on travel essentials, let me take you through few of these items first, used extensively in September.
- Forest Essentials Cane Sugar Lip Scrub – Gentle exfoliate for lips, this comes in a cutesy traditional sort of packaging. Use it to remove the dead skin on lips and to nourish them. Made of sugar crystals and organic beeswax, it changes the lipstick game altogether! Buy it here for Rs 500/-
- Zara Femme Perfume – I am a victim of petite packaging! Not a pro in reading perfume notes, but this perfume has a distinctive vanilla and musk notes. Strong yet not overpowering, this bottle gets sneaked in tiniest of places. If you are someone who likes to carry perfume in pocket as well, try the roll-on version of the same perfume. I have been wearing this one for most of September.
- The Body Shop All-in-One Face Base – September has been surprisingly hot in Pune as well as in Bangalore. Thank God for this versatile TBS product, because slathering on foundation and concealer and compact is just not doable in humid weather. This All-in-one Face Base comes in 4 shades suited to Indian skin tone and works like a dream on face. It comes along with a sponge which can be used wet or dry, depending on how much coverage you need. As for all the products in this post, the packaging is really cute and travel-friendly. Buy it here for Rs 1195/-
- Sephora Coconut Hand Balm – Non greasy luxurious hand balm. Works really well as I have a habit of using sanitizer which can be really drying at times. This one moisturizes and keeps hands supple! Really good for the price. Buy it here for Rs 580/-
- Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam – If you have not fallen in the “K beauty” trend yet, suggest you give this eco-friendly brand from the pristine Jeju Islands. I have mostly used all of their facial foams and they are very refreshing. This one , Bija Trouble Facial foam, is specific for sensitive skin and cleanses very gently without drying the skin. I love their travel friendly packaging, one small tube runs for 15-20 washes. Buy the full sized product here for Rs 700/– and get the travel sized kit from their stores.
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment – This mask is a cult favourite globally, not for no-reason. One application of this mask is enough of you to swear by this one. While I prefer using earthy and organic products, Glamglow masks are an absolute must in your vanity for the days when you need a quick repair. To try out , I bought this small sized pack 15 gm pack and am amazed at how it wipes out all signs of dullness and visibly shrinks facial pores. There is a range of masks for various skin types, buy these here.
- Nibble Box Granola – An exception in this favourite list , which mostly has beauty products, this has been a favourite for 2-3 months and finally coming in this post. I found out about this product through Natures Basket and have tried their Cranberry Granola and Exotic Granola and OMG! they are just too good to resist. And whats better than having a jar full of healthy nuts and granola! I add it to So Good Soy milk for breakfast. I also carry this granola in a small box to fit in my handbag for anytime snacking. Buy it here for Rs. 995/- ( 500 gms)
Hope you enjoy this post. Definitely try the Granola from thenibblebox.com, its rich in nuts and other delicious goodness! The weather is acting weird, so eat healthy, drink lots of water and enjoy the festivities !