Monsoon brings with it hair care worries – hair fall , frizzy hair , itchy scalp and worse nightmares , even dandruff. These problems are across hair type – straight hair or wavy , thin hair or thick – all hair type need extra care during rainy season. Over the years , I have tried various shampoos and hair therapies ( we all do right?! random salon visits for hair spa just to get rid of damp flat hair!) , and even home remedies for that matter; they did make hair smoother and frizz free for a day or two but nothing for hair-fall. Absolutely nothing worked! And of-course brooding over it just makes things worse.
Before the onset of monsoon, I got my hands on Kérastase Bain Prevention shampoo , suggested by the hair master of the salon I often visit. My hair-fall wasn’t big at that time but it was suggested to me as a remedy for thin hair. Its a mild shampoo , good for regular use. I have been using it all through monsoons till now and haven’t felt the need to change it. Hasn’t happened in the history of my existence that I haven’t changed shampoo during monsoons.
Kérastase Bain Prevention has almost got me into no-hairfall zone. Let alone only controlling the excess hair fall during monsoon, I feel my hair behave a lot better than usual summers as well. The shampoo is mild and cleanses thoroughly and if the wash is done well , it keeps my hair fresh and frizz free for at least 2-3 days. Impressed by the shampoo , on my next visit I also bought their conditioner for colored hair and it assured my trust in the brand. The brand derives its name from Keratin which is a protein that is structural constituent of our hair. Kérastase has a full range of hair care products – shampoo and conditioner line for volume, frizz control , hair fall and scalp issues.
Kérastase Bain Prevention Shampoo
- Quantity – 250 ml / 8.5 fl.oz.
- Packaging/ Label – Pristine white packaging and label states that its a shampoo for normal to thin hair , good for regular use. And this product is silicon free.
- Price – Rs. 2100/-
- Online Availability – As mentioned I bought it from salon (Looks Salon – Pune , the salon has got many branches across India ). I tried to look for it online but its either not available online or its too pricey , amazon is selling it for Rs 2990/- for 250 ml. Kérastase is available in premium salons ; look for it in your city!
Kérastase Discipline Maskeratine
- Quantity – 200 ml / 6.8 fl.oz.
- Packaging/Label – Blush pink packaging and label states that its a mask for colored hair.
- Price – Rs. 1600/-
- Online Availability – Same as shampoo mentioned above.
Lookout for good salons in your city and check if any of them retails Kérastase products. I would highly recommend these products for hair-fall control and scalp issues.
If there is any specific product you would want me to review , please let me know in the comments section below.